Tuesday, January 11, 2011

stand next to my fire

"don't be afraid of your own voice. that is all you have to give people." -my writing professor



I have spoken to every person I have encountered these last difficult days...I speak to these people, and I speak to you because I cannot help it. It gives me strength, almost unbelievable strength, to know that you are there. I covet your eyes, your ears, the collapsible space between us. How blessed are we to have each other? I am alive and you are alive and so we must fill the air with our words. I will fill today, tomorrow, every day until I am taken back to God. I will tell stories to people who will listen and to people who don't want to listen, to people who seek me out and to those who run. All the while I will know that you are there. How can I pretend that you do not exist? It would be almost as impossible as you pretending that I do not exist. Dave Eggers




"remember... whoever comes are the right people. whatever happens is the only thing that could have. whenever it starts is the right time. when it's over, it's over."

these photos are from http://papertissue.tumblr.com/, http://www.them-thangs.com/, http://www.thestylerookie.com/ and other places

i hope you liked those pictures, i do. i'm in dc now. sorry about the emo-ness of the preceding few posts. i'm feeling much better now. i got a nice camera for Christmas, so soon i will start posting my own pictures, but i haven't figured out how to use the usb cord yet. when i do you will see my pictures of staying out all night in the district, my fab new roommates, and our lovely capitol. have a good night. xx

as ever,
carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment