Thursday, November 25, 2010

sea change








and to 'scape stormy days, i choose an everlasting night.
john donne


one of my two of my favorite things to describe: the sky at different parts of the day and year. those were some photos from the inky frozen granite chicago night. i hope you are all having a fantastic first few days of the holiday season, and last few days of late fall before winter.

In keeping with the tone of the nightsky, my friend Mike took this in Colorado. I love it so much and I guess he took it by accident. This really makes me want to explore the West. Also I like that people are beginning to know the kind of stuff I like and sending it to me. Let's keep that going.

3 comments:

  1. like the title, very fitting ... it reminds me of reading that story in mr. mullen's class

    ReplyDelete
  2. what story in mr. mullen's class? when i wrote the title i was thinking of the album 'sea change' by beck. also guess who i visited on tuesday? Mr. J! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just vaguely remember learning something about it during that class. As I was typing this, the short story "Hills like White Elephants" popped into my head but I'm not sure if that's the right one or not haha. That's awesome!! Is he the only one you saw? That class/Mr. J were an awesome to end the day all the way back in freshman year!

    ReplyDelete