Monday, January 25, 2010

i tend to lose my concentration

He told me his tan came from playing tennis, and when we were sitting there side by side flying down the streets in the open sun he took my hand & squeezed it, and I felt happier than I had been since I was about nine & was running along the hot white beaches with my father the summer before he died.
-Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar

The extent to which I identified with this book kind of frightened me.

Everything she said was like a secret voice speaking straight out of my own bones.


I couldn't fall asleep for a few hours last night, and the moving shadows the trees were casting on my wall looked like skeletons dancing with each other. At some point in my life, I would really like to go to Mexico for el Día de los Muertos. Venice for Carnevale was pretty impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment