Saturday, December 5, 2009

quotes i like

i don't really understand accreditation for blogs yet, but this is from smalldog.wordpress

I really like quotes, and whenever I hear or see something particularly beautifully written I can't continue with what I am doing before I somehow record it. I feel like this is actually a good way to keep them all together. It'll probably take a few weeks to get all of the random documents, post-its, and pieces of paper together. This is a start I guess.

Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-Vonnegut

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream. -Van Gogh

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."

Looks are so deceptive that people should be done up like food packages with the ingredients clearly labeled. 
-Helen Hudson


Beauty in things exists in the mind which contemplates them.
-David Hume

The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.
 -Elizabeth Kubler Ross

It's all make-believe, isn't it? -Marilyn Monroe

i couldn’t help thinking- if people were rain, I am drizzle and you are a hurricane.

Sometimes it feels like we're all living in some kind of prison, and the crime is how much we hate ourselves. It's good to get dressed up every once in awhile and admit the truth: that when you look really closely, people are so strange and so complicated that they're actually beautiful. Possibly even me. -My So-Called Life

The world fascinates me. -Andy Warhol

There are only two ways to look at life: as though nothing is a miracle or as though everything is. -Einstein

'you and i are flesh and blood but we are also stardust.'

"Those who believe they believe in God but without passion in the heart, without anguish of mind, without uncertainty, without doubt, and even at times without despair, believe only in the idea of God, and not in God himself." -Madeleine L'Engle

a heart that has been broken can be open to the entire universe.

The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
-Jack Kerouac

if you don't become the ocean you'll be seasick every day. -Leonard Cohen

I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear.
-Thoreau

I wish that life should not be cheap, but sacred. I wish the days be as centuries, loaded, fragrant.-Emerson

I appreciate people who are civil, whether they mean it or not. i think: be civil. do not cherish your opinion over my feelings. There's a vanity to candor that isn't really worth it. Be kind. -Richard Greenberg, New York Times

"I never felt that i was personally 'cold as gasoline,' so i can't identify with that part of the song; except that I know people who i imagine to be able to look at the world without as much emotional upheaval as I tend to do."
-Jeff Tweedy

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."
-Bertrand Russell

There are zillions more, and I'll start putting them here straight from the post-it.
















No comments:

Post a Comment